Wednesday 25 April 2012

Hello Lads and Lassies

So, here I am, an 18 year old single small town gal who has suddenly found herself living in the capital. How I ended up here still amazes me, it’s like I just took all my reservations and thoughts on life from the previous 17 years and threw them out the window!
Basically I have realised that I talk too much, I am that person who if no one will speak to me, I will happily speak to myself, I live my life on a daily basis with a running commentary, kind of imagine a female version of J.D. but without a black sidekick, or the brains to be a doctor. Throughout high school I was told I was a pretty humorous writer which was “great entertainment for a Sunday night read before heading back to the hectic working lifestyle, but lacked plot and was similar to a child’s take on the world”. Well I’ve finished high school, moved out from the comforts of the family home and started university (on a course that requires a high standard of English!) and even though I should have a brilliant grasp and understanding of English, my humour and view of the world hasn’t really grown up all that much, even if I have.
So while I wait on my personality to reach puberty, I’m going to go with what I’ve got, which might not be much but “always look on the bright side of life…”

No comments:

Post a Comment